Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sightseeing April 30 and May 7, 2012

Marcia, Sister Vasil'ev, Sister Ball, Sister Galbraith as we leave to go sightseeing in the city on April 30, 2012.


Jay and Brother Callister anxious to get going.

As we were going down to the metro, Jay discovers his wallet has been stolen.  We headed home to get our bank cards cancelled.

Marcia seems happy, even though it had been a bad day.

We had a nice dinner at a nice hotel near the Temple the evening of April 30, 2012.  The Kyiv Mission President hosted it for the Senior Couple Missionaries in Kyiv and the Temple Missionaries.

After dinner we walked home and the Temple looked so beautiful with the trees in bloom.

We headed out again on May 7, 2012 to visit the botanical gardens.  Here you see Marcia with her cousin, Karlene Dance.

The lilacs were in bloom and it smelled wonderful.  Left to right:  Sister Hancock, Brother Hancock, Sister Callister, Marcia, Karlene, Sister Vasil'ev, Sister Ball and her two granddaughters, Natasha and Nicole.

There were a lot of people enjoying the beautiful lilacs.

Marcia found the best-looking guy there!

Karlene and Marcia

Jay and Marcia sitting on a branch of an old Sycamore tree.  This tree reminded them of Brigham City, Utah.

Beautiful lilacs and tree peonies.

Jay amid lilacs and a Cathedral in the background

Marcia and Jay enjoying a beautiful day.

Marcia standing under a beautiful, large horse chestnut tree.

Jay really liked this big, old tree.

Karlene, Brother Callister, Brother and Sister Vasil'ev, and Marcia.

A bell tower in the gardens.

Karlene and Marcia, again.

Three tired guys!!!!

Hungry and tired, we ended our day at a Russian Restaurant.  We were all happy to sit down and eat!

3 comments:

  1. HELLO DEAR MRS.MARSIA AND WANDERFUL TEMPLE MISSIONARIES!MY NAME IS NASTIA,I AM FROM LDS IVANO FRANKIVSK SITY IN UKRAINE AND I AM WRITE MY COMMENT/LETTER TO YOU AGAINI.I HOPE,YOU WAS READ MY COMMENTS THAT I WAS WRITE YOU BEFORE.I PRAY FOR THAT ALL MY HEART.I WANT TO LET YOU KNOW THAT EVEN I DONT KNOW YOU PERSONALY YET,YOU IN MY PRAYERS ALL THE TIME.I THINK OF YOU ALL AND PRAY FOR YOU.I AM PROUD OF YOU.I AM PROUD OF YOUR FAITH.I HOPE SEE YOU IN KYIV WHEN I WILL BE THERE ON JUNE,5.I PRAY ALL MY HEART IF YOU CAN HAVE TIME,FEW MINUTES FOR MEETING.MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS,DEAR,WANDRFUL PEOLE.I LOVE YOU ALL.NASTIA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HELLO DEAR MRS.MARSIA AND WANDERFUL TEMPLE MISSIONARIES!MY NAME IS NASTIA,I AM FROM LDS IVANO FRANKIVSK SITY IN UKRAINE AND I AM WRITE MY COMMENT/LETTER TO YOU AGAINI.I HOPE,YOU WAS READ MY COMMENTS THAT I WAS WRITE YOU BEFORE.I PRAY FOR THAT ALL MY HEART.I WANT TO LET YOU KNOW THAT EVEN I DONT KNOW YOU PERSONALY YET,YOU IN MY PRAYERS ALL THE TIME.I THINK OF YOU ALL AND PRAY FOR YOU.I AM PROUD OF YOU.I AM PROUD OF YOUR FAITH.I HOPE SEE YOU IN KYIV WHEN I WILL BE THERE ON JUNE,5.I PRAY ALL MY HEART IF YOU CAN HAVE TIME,FEW MINUTES FOR MEETING.MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS,DEAR,WANDRFUL PEOLE.I LOVE YOU ALL.NASTIA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HIM DEAR SSITER MARCIA STUART.I AM NASDTIA.I WAS SEE YOU IN THE TEMPLE YESTERDAY AND GIVE YOU TWO LITTLE KANDY.DO YUO REMEMBER ME?HOW MUCH I WAS HAPPY TO BE THERE YESTERDAY.ITS SO HAPPYNESS FOR ME.I LOVE YOU.YOU ARE ANGELS AND YUOR COMPANIONS,THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SUCH A GREAT SERVISE!LOVE,NASTIA FROM LDS BRANCH IN IVANO FRANKIVSK.

    ReplyDelete